Thursday 13 September 2012

Introduction to Pak Long's Android Programming Corner

Assalamualaikum and hi to you all,

Welcome to my blog "Pak Long's Android Programming Corner".

Here I aim to impart the fruits of my knowledge with regards to Android programming in JAVA.

I will soon put a list of Android programming topics here for you to see; and I will later work through the list providing coded examples of each of the topics on the list. Please comment if you want to see anything specific on the blog; I am only to happy to help with your programming questions.

My Android experience started having finished writing a suite of Islamic software for my Compaq Aero 1550 Pocket PC in 2010. The suite of software includes: a daily prayer time calculator, a daily adhan player and a qibla direction viewer. In early 2011 I wrote the "Qibla Direction Viewer" for my HTC Desire HD Android Smartphone. Later in 2012 I published it on the Google Play Store as a free app. It is under the company name of "Janat Al-Firdous Software Enterprise".

I have written another suite of three Android applications for RRIM (Consultancy Arm of the Malaysian Rubber Board) Malaysia. This work took 9 months to complete, in 2011/12, and it is here that I gained my main experience in Android Smartphone software development.

I am currently writing an SMS blast application for Android called SMS Pigeon in my spare time. The inspiration for this is that my wife runs a Halal food product business and needs an easy-to-use mobile phone application for efficiently contacting members of her business network. I will make this available, for free, soon on Google Play Store.

Wa salam,

Abdul Haqq (Philip Jeffrey Trowe)

No comments:

Post a Comment